Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Gutentag!

Jon and I are now in Cologne, Germany and our hostel has free Internet so I thought I would have a quick update. After a morning struggling with two large suitcases and various buses at early hours, I stored my bags and got to the airport. Jon's flight didn't show up on the arrivals board and so, being my mother's daughter, I assumed it had crashed and panicked. Luckily, the case was not so and he and I had a disgusting Love Actually reunion I will not recount here.

I immediately took him to the Tower which we both thoroughly enjoyed despite large numbers of tourists. Seriously, the most concentrated area of tourists since I have been here. We also went on Tower Bridge before leaving for the airport for Amsterdam. This drunk guy with a dog wouldn't stop talking to us on the train to Stansted but other than that, all went fairly well.

We loved Amsterdam. We went to the Sexmuseum, walked all over the district, took a paddleboat on the canal, went to Anne Frank's House, and shopped for prostitutes in the Red Light District. Not really, but we did walk through the Red Light District, seeing as that was where our hostel was. Our room was also a stainless steel bachelor bad circa 1970, pictures to follow when I return to my laptop. Amsterdam is a beautiful city besides all the sin and smoke, so we had a really great day there.

We are now in Cologne about to go off to the Chocolate Museum (!) but I wanted to let you all know we are OK and having a great time. Aufwiedersein! (I know, not how you spell it, give my apologies to Heidi Klum.)

No comments: